Friday, October 14, 2011

It's been a long time coming.....

I have had a mind to do this for a long time. I have threatened to do this for quite a while. So here I am. I am throwing off the gloves and stepping into the world of Blogging. In the last year, our lives have exploded mostly in good ways, but as with most people we have had our share of trials and sorrow. So I will give you fair warning....most of what you read is actually being written for me and for my family. I am just giving you a sneak peak into our lives. That means you'll see the sweetness, but also the grittiness as I work through some bittersweet issues...out loud...in my own words. I want to write this blog as a way of keeping record of some of the sweetest moments my children give our family. Also, I hope to tell of some of our most amazing and sometimes saddest moments in our family's history. I hope that you will laugh and cry with me.

As most of you who are reading this first blog know, our family situation is not like most, so I do feel the need to share of ground rules for my blog. First, our children came to us as foster children, and we are preparing to go into adoption soon. Having said this, I will refer to my children by initial only. And I will not post any pictures of them until I am confident with the security of my blog. Confidentiality is a huge part of the rules for foster parenting, so I will ask you who may be reading my blog to not forward my link to anyone who is not listed as a follower. By only allowing my followers to read my blog, I have a better chance of protecting the rights of my babies and following the rules set before me. Also, many of my life's lesson lead me back to the saving faith and grace that has been given to me from Jesus Christ. Jesus will be at home in my blog and I will not apologize for Him being there. Don't be surprised to see His name...and often.

Ok....now that's out of the way....if you choose to follow my blog....here's what you can expect in coming blogs. I have been meaning to write down some of the funniest things my babies say and do so I will always have it. And so we can laugh when they are older. I so wish I had done that from the moment they came into our lives...but alas this will have to do. I also plan on writing about some of the funniest moments from the hubby. He makes me laugh everyday...why not share some of the joy. I will also share our latest child's birth story. I will give a warning before I start that one, because it is not for the faint of heart. I do, however feel that I have a story to tell that could help someone who may struggle, just as we have. How could I not share it?

Ok so that's it for now. Love to you.
Shelley

No comments: