Saturday, June 2, 2012

Dancing into our hearts.




Our sweet P danced her first recital today.  She did a fantastic job.  I was more than a little worried on her first rehearsal, as she dug her heels in and just watched the others dance around her.  It wasn't stage fright, it was my stubborn P on her own program.  Last Wednesday's dress rehearsal was a vast improvement as she actually moved and participated, even if it was to her own routine.  Today at the recital, she was spot on.  And she stole the show.  I might be biased, just a bit, but my sweet girl was so beautiful and one of the best there.  It didn't matter that she fell flat on her belly almost busting her chin on the stage.  She just popped herself up and went on with the show.  The theatre and color guard girl in me wanted to stand up and applaud for how she recovered.  Good girl.  As they were exiting the stage, she was supposed to be second to last to leave the stage, but she held back so she could be the last.  As she made her grand exit, she waved graciously to the crowd.  Everyone loved it.  Such the ham.

Today was such an amazing time for Jeff and I.  Thanks to my mom (Granny) and my grandma (Mamaw) for watching B, Jeff and I were able to sit in the crowd and be proud parents.  Ever since our babies came into our lives, there have been quintessential moments that made us "feel" like parents.  Today was one of those moments.  We were beaming with pride--just like all the other moms and dads in that audience today.  It doesn't matter that I didn't give birth to my sweet P.  She is my first born.  And always will be.  She has danced into our hearts and pirouettes there everyday.


No comments: