Sunday, July 29, 2012

Gotcha is almost here.

I can hardly contain myself as I ready myself for bed.  When I awake, we will be mere moments away from being the legal parents of P and B.  We have been their family for two years.  And P and B don't really understand.  We tried to explain how we will go to see the judge tomorrow and how we will legally be their mom and dad and they will be P and B Hicks forever.  What were their responses??  P asked if she could go ( a question she always wants to know).  B said "Can we watch videos now?  (We paused America's Funniest Videos,B's new favorite show, to have our little talk)  Funny how they both have their priorities.

I also look back and can see the path God has led us down to this very moment.  Marriage trials, infertility, even uncertainty with the outcome for P and B have prepared us for 8:45a.m. tomorrow.  Even though our day to day won't change: they are still our children and we still their parents, it is one more page in our testimony to the faithfulness of God and how His plans are better than all of our best laid plans and wishes.

Dear Lord,

Thank you for the precious gift of P and the precious gift of B.  Help me to always realize their preciousness and let me love them as You love them.  Help Jeff and I to raise them to love and respect You, our family, each other and themselves.  I pray that Jeff and I will show a spirit of gentleness towards them each day and that we cherish their sweet and innocents hearts for as long as we have them.  Teach us Lord to love sweetly, yet firmly and to hold them loosely until the time comes for them to depart from our nest we call our home.

In your name, Amen.



Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

No comments: