Ever have a milestone where you thought, it's going to be a perfect day, I'm going to get it right. Well, today is our first anniversary of our Gotcha day. While it was a great day, celebrating with a waffle house dinner (the kids first I might add) and a viewing of Despicable me 2, it's ending was less than picturesque. As we were leaving the car, P hauled off and hit B, for no reason. Alas no Norman Rockwell moment here. P ended the night screaming and throwing a fit to end all fits because she had to go to her room early. I was starting to get really upset. This day is supposed to be special full of good memories ....NOT this. Then I realized that it was up to me to make sure that P remembered good things about this day. So when she'd come up for air, I say "I love you" or "You're beautiful." I finally said, "Did you know that you did this on your first night with us?" That got her attention. By then B was in the room and I told them the play by play of their first night with us. It was a perfect moment for just our perfect day.
As we approached our adoption day last year, waiting to get the date, jumping through all the hoops, we discovered our theme song for our waiting. Philip Phillips won American Idol with the song "Home". And it struck a chord with us. Even as we waited, no matter what, the kids always knew, with us, they were Home. Please enjoy the words and pics. Pictures and Talent provided by LOK photo (Thank you Lauren O'Keefe)
Hold on, to me as we go
As we roll down this unfamiliar road
And although this wave is stringing us along
Just know you’re not alone
Cause I’m going to make this place your home

+
Settle down, it'll all be clear
Don't pay no mind to the demons
They fill you with fear
The trouble it might drag you down
If you get lost, you can always be found
Just know you’re not alone
Cause I’m going to make this place your home
Thank you to everyone who helped us get to Gotcha....we love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment